Friday, August 10, 2007

exbf

it is your 30th birthday in 16 minutes.

you are probably already celebrating in japan.

i don't really know what to say to you that hasn't already been said.

when we couldn't make it work, you left me with a world of baggage.

i cry every time i discover a new one.

something left behind.

something i didn't even know affected me. made me feel anything.

little reminders of you.

faded scars.

i still remember how you made me laugh until i hurt.

you sent me flowers when you felt bad. so i received many.

you tried and tried and tried.

over and over and over.

and still didn't make up for it.

the way you loved me wasn't enough.

i learned that the pain passes and that we just weren't meant to be.

thank you for letting us go.

cheers to you in your thirtieth year.

happy birthday.

1 comment:

Whiskeymarie said...

Gracious and sweet.
Sigh.
If I only felt that way about my exes...
;)