Saturday, January 27, 2007

broders

last night the bf and i had an impromptu date.

we went to broders, for the second time.

we called ahead and were seated within ten minutes by the time we arrived.

we sidled up to the bar and ordered a caprese salad (for him) and a spinach salad (for me).

i had a glass of barbera. it was musky. mmm.

my gnocchi di zucca was wonderful, as was his tagliatelle con pollo alla romagnola.

we always have such a great time at this pasta bar. the pasta is hearty and fulfilling. the wine prompts eye-closing and sighing. the ambiance is perfect. warm, with low lighting. enough people to notice, but not loud enough to be noticeable.

we chatted, scooted closer together. we smiled. the bf showed me my tricep. he showed me his tricep horsehoe.

we finished off dinner with a thumb war.

tied. 1-1.

1 comment:

Guacaholic said...

I have never been to Broder's, but I have heard it's the perfect date spot.

Caprese salad? YUM! I am so jealous!