Tuesday, April 24, 2007

bits

last night i went on a walk with a.

it was a quick one, around lake of the isles. but it was exactly what i needed. a good walk with a great friend.

afterwards, the bf and i went to broders.

our place.

dinner was delightful. tried and true tagliatelle bolognese. a carafe of red wine. bread and olive oil.

the bf drinks more since we started dating. i liked it when he was my boy who never drank. no matter what. i loved that he would order cranberry and soda at a bar. he was my sober boy, the good one who never got sloppy. who takes care of me in my frequent cases of sloppiness. he was mine that way, and i loved it.

i still like that everytime i make a comment about how i have a bigger butt than he does or how we will have to break up if i am ever wider than he is, he responds with the same line: if you were bigger than me i would be able to fit into your jeans. or some variant thereof, such as "can you wear my jeans?" or "then you would be able to wear my jeans without them falling off."

the other night i asked him if he wanted to have babies with me. he said, i think so. he was worried that our parenting goals would be different. i said, why? because you want them to be smart and successful and i want them to be cute and popular?

this morning we wrestled. well, i tried to wrestle with him while he defended himself. i daresay i won.

No comments: