Friday, April 27, 2007

me

miss maurey pierce asked me:

1) your blog is almost poetic in nature, which is one reason i love reading it. what inspired you to become a blogger? what keeps you posting? do you have a background in writing?

my mom gave me my first journal was i was eight. i promptly wrote all my top secret thoughts in it: "we went to the zoo today all day and then i was tired so i went to sleep." i still have notes for the book i wanted to write, a sophie's guide to life. laughable, but ambitious. i keep on because this is one of my creative outlets. because i love the feeling of hitting 'publish' and getting it out there. releasing my heart. connecting with strangers.

2) iran called up w tomorrow and said that "the bomb" was on its way to our midwestern homes, what would you serve up for dinner? and who would you invite to share in the feast?

three wise guys sushi from bagu. the best pinot noir ever. my mom's beef and tomato stir fry. tamales from el meson. my gyoza. hazelnut chocolate torte from zeno. broders butternut squash ravioli. lemon icebox cake from salut. water with no ice for the bf. my family and close friends. i would also extend an invitation to bob dylan, madonna, and jd salinger.

3) would you rather ... be thin and gorgeous forever or very, very rich?

like...if i were thin and gorgeous forever i would be immortal? okay.

4) you spend a lot of time on your blog talking about your relationship with the bf. how did you meet? what's a favorite memory you have about your time together?

oh, you noticed? wink. see this for our story. we met at the banana republic at the mall of america. romantical, yes?

i remember when we were in cabo, laughing and screaming while he ran from the ocean. priceless. also, everytime he takes off his pants and shows his chicken legs stuffed into loose black socks.

5) finally ... your boss just gave you an unexpected gift—a four-day weekend. how do you spend it? what do you do first?

with the bf (surprise!) on a beach somewhere. sexing it up. a lot. i won't lie to you. a lot. thanks, boss!

if you want me to ask you questions...please ask.

1 comment:

Maurey Pierce said...

Ha! The story about your meeting is absolutely priceless. I guess your uncloseted coworker needed to work a bit on his radar.