Wednesday, December 06, 2006

one day

four years ago, the bf and i met on december 6, 2002.

he walked into banana republic with his "friend", b.

my first thought was, how cute. an adorable gay couple shopping for holiday presents together.

as conversation progressed, i found myself matching every comment with a comeback.

i went to the back room to check on a size, and asked one of my uncloseted friends if he would do me a favor: 'there are two guys out there, and i'm fairly positive they do not play on my team. if i didn't know better, i would think they were hitting on me!'

he went out and came back quickly. the verdict? 'one of them might be, but the other definitely is.'

at the cashwrap, the bf asked if they could take me out for coffee on my break. i told him that wasn't necessary. he asked for my number. i told him that i don't give out my number. he asked me to wait outside the shop for them.

i sat on a bench just outside banana republic.

b came outside and, after a moment, asked me for my phone number. don't these guys talk to each other? i gave him the same line.

they bought me a hot tea. and kept asking for my phone number. i kept politely declining, insisting that i take their phone numbers.

finally i scored their numbers, never intending to use them. i gave them my business card. later i found out that they had not intended to use those, either.

a week later, i decided to call. both of them. i called definitely first.

who would've thought that four years later definitely would be the bf?

No comments: