Wednesday, December 06, 2006

kissing

on the anniversary of the day the bf and i met at the banana republic at the mall of america, i thought it would be appropriate to tally the top all-time kisses with the bf:

1. january 03. our first kiss. nervous and exciting. illicit and dangerous. wrong and right colliding. shivers and goosebumps. it was the kind that ended in a backbend.

2. december 05. after he said, 'if you are going to break up with me, do it now. it's too late for me, soph.' my head spun. when he asked, 'are you going to let me love you?' i completely lost it.

3. valentine's day, 06. we had been fighting for quite a while. i had been crying, bawling, screaming at my friends to help me understand who he was and how we got here. just wanted to stop everything because everything i knew was upside down. he talked me into talking things over at his house. when i got there i sat in my car for a long time with my eyes closed. i walked up the path and saw him sitting on his front steps. we talked a bit. hoarse whispers. we went up to his room. we talked more. we tried to discuss, to make things better, to somehow get past the mess we had not intended to make. we looked at each other, our raw eyes pleading.

...i leaned over and kissed him. and that was it.

No comments: