Friday, December 29, 2006

boston

okay, so here is my deal.

the bf and i have a fabulous time together. i don't think i have ever met anyone so great, so compatible, and so...it for me.

and yet.

we have communication disconnects. usually it is because of a bigger problem and we are transferring emotions, but sometimes it makes me question how we get along at all.

my belief in his devotion doesn't waver frequently, but there are times when i wonder if he wants something else. or if i do.

don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful time in boston. we slept on the plane. we had coffee. we had a delicious seafood dinner at atlantic fish. loud sex. a fantastic sushi dinner at fugakyu. we laughed and rolled around in bed.

it was freezing in boston, a damp, windy cold that was hard to breathe in.

being together somehow made it more bearable.

this morning when he was figuring out flight times for our way home, he told me that my flight was at 6.....and his was at 7.

and for some reason, my heart sank.

not because he needed to get away, but because i thought that getting away meant getting away, not necessarily from me.

i was wrong, and that's okay, but it still kind of smarts.

No comments: