Friday, December 15, 2006

armniversary

one year ago today i broke my arm.

i thought i would post the email i sent out four days later:

-----Original Message-----
From: Sophie
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 7:29 PM
Subject: my arm

hi all,

okay. i'm sorry i wasn't clear in my previous email. i fell on ice and broke my humorous bone (i know, i know, it isn't funny) last thursday. and yes, i was wearing heels, and yes, i just did the running man for the poker girls in the window of the sunny-side up cafe.

that's what i get for showing off!

anyway, i've been wearing a slint (?) that weighs more than i do and trying to keep my food down. percocet makes me naseous and sleepy and slightly more cranky than usual.

thank you to the bf, m, s, m, and p for coming to the er with me. thanks e and k for stopping by. thank you j for the fresca and paperbacks offer. thanks s for the biscotti -- now my mom wants me to learn how to make them. :)

thank you everyone for the calls and emails and thoughts. smooch.

i'm going to the doctor on wednesday am to see if maybe i can get this person off my arm -- i'll let you know what happens.

feel free to stop by with dirty movies and twizzlers! hee-hee.

xoxo,
sophie

------------------------

it is wonderful to have full of use of both arms, even though one is slightly shorter than the other.

here's to the brace, the bandages, the blisters, the bf, and my black cardigan sweater.

No comments: