Monday, April 02, 2007

sonoma

i'm home.

i know i left without warning.

but i have returned.

we went to yosemite and walked humbled. a dose of outdoors. inhaling fresh air. hiking lightly until my calves felt like cement. thumping hearts. waterfalls. giant sequoias. it was amazing. truly. indescribable. so we stood silent.

we stayed in santa rosa.
had dinner at flavor and breakfast at omelette express. drove through sonoma. stopped at hop kiln. chateau st. jean. hook and ladder. de loach vineyards. de la montanya winery. swirl. sip. sip. sip. laugh.

in healdsburg, we dined at zin. i had tuna and the bf had steak. it was wonderful.

for two mornings in a row, we had breakfast at denny's. moons over my hammy. american meals. best. service. ever.

the bf had his first in-n-out burger. mmm.

i just wanted six days with the bf. and i got five. so my wish came close.

1 comment:

Whiskeymarie said...

I loved Zin when I ate there a few years ago- it was the first place I ever had tempura-fried green beans.
Yum.
I've liked Hop Kiln & DeLoach wineries for years, but never have gone to the vineyards- what a great trip for you. Me & the Mr. focused on the Dry Creek wineries when we were there in August, and I already want to go back.
Sounds like you had a lovely time with the bf.