Monday, November 12, 2007

j.e.

had a lovely evening with j tonight.

she is like the older sister i never had.

[well, to be honest i never wanted an older sister. i was convinced that i needed an older brother and a younger sister for my life to be complete. i don't know how i ended up with two younger brothers. nature. scoff.]

we split a carafe of sangria at el meson. i made her try the tamales and the dominicana salad. from the menu:
slices of yellow and red tomatoes, avocado and grilled onions, topped with queso fresco, chili oil and tamarind glaze. mmm. my favorite.

nothing like a great meal with a fantastic friend.

i know no one is able to do this, but she truly does validate me. she supports me. and she is my biggest fan without actually, fanning. i, of course, love it.

i think we help each other, because i hold her up, and together, as much as she does for me.

it's nice. and i feel very lucky tonight.

1 comment:

Whiskeymarie said...

Okay, I love love LOVE the Dominicana salad. I forgot how good it was until the last time I went there. After that, I made versions of it all summer.
Yum, yum.