Thursday, February 19, 2009

glass

book club last night was lovely.

we were supposed to read the glass castle by jeannette walls. it was a quick read for me, and overall i thought the book was pretty good. i just didn't find her story extraordinary (hello, dave sedaris, augusten burroughs?). the sad part is that there are many children that grow up with less than stellar parents. i am impressed by how she was able to lift herself out of where she came from.

we chatted over wine and appetizers. a great evening with the ladies.

today, i am trying to win big:



it is. so. beautiful. sigh.

1 comment:

Whiskeymarie said...

One year I entered the contest for the HGTV dream home EVERY DAY. Seriously. Every. Day.

I still think it's not fair that I didn't win, but I'll still wish you luck this time around.
;)