Monday, April 30, 2007

ulrika

to my dear reader in sweden:

i think you will be proud to learn that since this post, i have reconsidered.

i held a baby in my arms and fell. hard.

i know that i am not completely ready. i mean hello, i am still immature and selfish. my priorities are out of whack and i can barely get a hold of, much less take care of, myself. but i know that when the time comes, i will look forward to having my own. someday.

don't get me wrong - the thought of giving birth and breastfeeding still scare the living daylights out of me. however, the benefits far outweigh any petty fears that i may have.

i will hold on to the fantasy that i will be a hot mama. i will wear babydoll dresses. i will refrain from wine and sing oldies to my belly. i will bring eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss to the hospital so the baby will see that it has a pretty mommy. i want to name her simone or him vincent and delight in every new thing.

that's it. i just wanted you to know. thank you for having some faith and sticking with me.

maybe there's hope for me after all.

many thanks,
sophie

2 comments:

feisty said...

glad you had that moment. still waiting for mine here at 31. its been a lifetime of ambivilance for me, when it comes to kiddos....

Maurey Pierce said...

I plan to be a hot mama. It can be done.