Sunday, August 12, 2007

popcorn

last night i had wicked, popcorn-induced night dreams.

the bf

caught cheating

uttered not one word of denial, instead shrugged it off.

matter of factly.

not one dream where i knew it was only a dream.

not just two so i questioned reality.

but three variations of the same nightmare.

i woke up, startled.

woke the bf up.

what?

asked him if he had ever cheated on me.

i was convinced that my dreams were trying to tell me something.

that i am a fool.

that this happiness is all a charade.

i burst into tears. sobbing.

the bf soothed: it was only a dream.

i still cried myself back to sleep.

2 comments:

Maurey Pierce said...

Argh, I hate those dreams. I've been having the "missed deadline" one all the time lately ... sitting in class without my homework done, unprepared for an exam, etc.

I hate the ones where you know you're dreaming but you can't force yourself to wake up and end the agony.

beret said...

I have those same kind of dreams about my husband sometimes. The worst part is when he doesn't even act sorry in the dream. It's like "yeah, I'm cheating, get over it".

"In real life" I've never, ever worried about him being unfaithful so I'm not even sure what the dreams mean.