Tuesday, December 04, 2007

em

so.

my little baby brother is going to propose to his long-time gf.

i am thrilled.

for him.

and sad for me.

i know it's petty. i know that there are worse things than two people finding love and getting married and living happily ever after. i know that it just hurts because it's not me.

and maybe it's not for me. perhaps the path i have chosen, the only one i can control, is mine. and the only thing i can do, everyday, is do the best i can do.

and someday it won't feel so bad. today already is brighter, and more hopeful. and i don't need what i thought i did, because i can do anything.

3 comments:

Guacaholic said...

Very thoughtful perspective, my dear.

Anonymous said...

sweetie ... it was so good talking to you! And dont be so hard on yourself - you are amazing and things will work out the way they are supposed to. dont take life so seriously. love you!

Whiskeymarie said...

You have a BF you adore.
You get to travel.
You have great taste in everything.
You're smart, and funny.
I bet you're gorgeous too.

Don't worry about what you don't have (yet), think about what you do.