Sunday, December 09, 2007

xxx

most. delightful. evening.

a little taste of the wonderful surprises for me:

1. getting ready when the doorbell rang. e called and asked me to come downstairs.

when i opened the door, she said, the birthday girl should have the perfect bag:



and presented me with the kayak yellow clutch. bam! what a way to start the night.

2. the bf showed up right on time with a bottle of champagne and chambord, and some blackberries. mmm.

3. when we arrived at b.a.n.k., my table was inconveniently occupied. the hostess arranged for an upgrade to a private dining room. behold, the gold room:



4. the cake, omg, the cake that special had made:



like a tiffany box on a silver tray. how fabulous!

5. and last but not least:

a surprise crush cameo, courtesy of the bf.



mike fotis (santa in this image). from the brave new workshop. stopped by post-show for little old me.

i almost fell out of my chair, peed my pants, and had a heart attack at the same time.

thanks to the friends who made my night unforgettable.

not a bad way to ring in a new decade. not bad at all.

cheers!

2 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

You are a very lucky girl with wonderful friends.

Glad it was fantastic, my dear- you deserve it.

Maurey Pierce said...

Wow! Happy birthday!

That cake is AWESOME!