Thursday, January 17, 2008

return

i am returning a birthday gift today.

read: giving them back.

a guest gave them to me at my birthday dinner. a "friend." slipped to me in a brown paper bag during a moment alone at the bar.

i peered inside. something was bunched up. i reached in and pulled part of it out into the light.

some. kind. of. cotton.



betsey johnson. illustrated by ed hardy.

and totally inappropriate.

it doesn't matter that they were designed by his favorite artist. i am having a hard time believing that someone so smart could have been so thoughtless and disrespectful. of me. of the bf. of our relationship. of our friendship.

i have run out of excuses for him. it's just not worth it. i cannot help you anymore.

so back to the giver they go. peace.

2 comments:

Guacaholic said...

Oof. Underwear as a gift to a taken friend is a bit uncouth.

Whiskeymarie said...

Wow. Inappropriate indeed.

They sure are cute, though. Will you be mad if I go and buy a pair?
;)