Friday, November 21, 2008

one

dear bf,

happy birthday to the only one who can make me laugh when three bad things happen in a row.

how do i love thee?

let me count the ways:

you let me call you little gazelle. i like the way you laugh without making a sound. i especially love when you can't help but laugh out loud. when you said "i think you said floss but i can't be certain" when you couldn't hear me through the bathroom door. the way you leave a trail of your belongings wherever you go. your little corner. watching me drive from your office. your threshold for love. the night we picked out suit/shirt/tie pairings. using your poker winnings for pillow money. how you listen to your mother, even when you have no patience left. the phone calls you make to your family and friends. your voice when you're tired. having lunch with you. your pasta. your patience, kindness, and understanding. watching house together. the way your hair flops around when you move your head. the face you make when you try to burp (and ultimately can't). your nonexistent butt and chicken legs. when you forget something. driving anywhere. making fun of the fruit i buy that goes bad. your love for chocolate. your fancy pravda vodka. the red zip-up you wear in the mornings. denim patches on your jeans. the way you dance me around. how i can spend every waking moment with you and still want more.

the endless ways you take care of me.

happy birthday to the lo(ve) of my life.

i love you,
sophie

No comments: