Monday, January 12, 2009

tights

not since multiples (remember those?) have i been so curious about a wardrobe element.

can i pull them off? am i capable of wearing something that so ungracefully highlight my calves? i wonder where one draws the line for tops - of course nothing above the waistline, right? right?! i cannot leave my poor butt to fend for itself like that, all out in the open. ugh. i realize this post is long overdue, but i am not kate moss, and i do not believe for a second i would look chic in tights.

of course, i do have my moments. but no, i haven't come close. i just can't bring myself to do it.

after at least a year of soul-searching (this is serious, people!), i have come to this conclusion (with the help of a lovely designer at etsy):


no, my dear, they are definitely, horribly, not.

2 comments:

Guacaholic said...

I agree, and I also think that leggings aren't pants. If worn with a butt-covering tunic, then maybe. But a la Lindsay Lohan, no. Tights, leggings, just say no!

liz said...

Multiples!! I haven't thought of those in years! I loved that the headband was a belt and that if you were daring enough, the belt was also a tube top or super short mini skirt.