Monday, January 12, 2009

ware

yesterday i made a deal with the bf:

i want to pick up the antique frame i found on craigslist and stop at a vintage shop. then we can do whatever you want*.

we found a fantastic 59-piece set of johnson brothers vintage organic dinnerware for $69. i coveted. the bf was all: if you want them, we will have to go through every piece to check for cracks and damage, and then we will offer $50, and if she says no you will have to walk away and come back and buy them without me.

whatever.

i think i got through examining four pieces when i just said, i think we should just buy 'em.

but the bf vetoed and wanted me to find the exact set online (!) and buy them new.

as if!

i desperately googled and ebay'd variations of "johnson brothers" and "snowhite" last night, to no avail. i finally found something while going through the latest west elm catalog:



similar. but not exact.

but the sets are expensive, and only come in sets of four. the original was close to a service for 10, and the little cups came with saucers. saucers! think of the possibilities!

oh dear bf, if only you got the hints i send you in my blog.

*whatever you want to the bf meant hiking at pinnacle peak, climbing to heights i was a bit nervous about, and resulting in a funny bone injury that left me incapacitated for several excruciating seconds.

1 comment:

Guacaholic said...

Go back and get that set! My grandmother had a Johnson Bros set and I let my parents sell it in an estate sale. Major mistake! I found a similar design to my grandmother's set at Crate & Barrel, but it wasn't the same.