Thursday, March 26, 2009

mayo

and here i thought i would have nothing to write about today.

the bf and i had lunch today. we go to this deli across the street from his office and split half a tuna melt and half a grilled cheese. he gets chips. i get coleslaw, and usually take it to go (in a little plastic cup with a lid).

stop me if you see where this is going.

i usually wrap it a napkin and stuff it in my purse for later.

today i was using my big yellow slouchy bag.

today i also decided to stroll around tempe marketplace, stopping at some shops.

a mile away from the apartment, i wanted to use my phone. i reached in my bag, thinking: why is it wet in here?!

a quick sniff confirmed my suspicion. sweet mayo everywhere!

when i got home i emptied the contents of my purse, clorox wiped-everything, and laid it all out to dry. i threw my (dryclean only? i hope not) throw that i keep in my purse (for those chilly 65-degree arizona evenings) in the wash.

ugh. what a mess. a slimy, sweet-smelling mess.

but none of that stopped me from finishing my coleslaw. dammit.

No comments: