Monday, October 15, 2007

collins

i woke up this morning determined.

i would walk this city on my own.

so i stepped out [sans shower].

i wanted to find hot tea and a croissant for breakfast. i ended up walking parallel to the ocean for about half an hour. nothing was open before ten. except starbucks. and i couldn't bring myself to go in.

i stumbled across a tiny bakery and ordered exactly what i wanted. i walked back to the hotel, and made my way to the beach.

breakfast on the beach.

i read. i talked on the phone. i felt myself relaxing. i smiled when the sun came out.

then i got up. this time: operation pedicure.

i found rebel salon after another half hour of walking, only because i didn't want any of the high-end salons found on the pedestrian mall on lincoln road. but i met christina, and she gave me an amazing pedi with essie's fifth avenue polish.



it is exactly the color that i feel.

on to shopping.

i tried on a pair of sandals i had eyed on my previous walk. sold. i went into a boutique and came out with a tee and a skirt. i tried on a to-die-for white dress, gauzy to perfection, sheer to nothing, but had it come in the right size, it would have been mine.

successful, indeed.

christina also let me know that i need to visit vizcaya. she said it was beautiful, so i looked it up.

sold.

No comments: