Tuesday, January 16, 2007

fight

i asked him why he doesn't fight for me. fight for us.

he told me a long time ago that he wouldn't fight to keep someone who didn't want to be with him.

except sometimes i believe you have to fight for what you want.

if only to express how you feel.

he asked me why i never fight for him.

and i didn't how to respond, except that i feel like i have not had to fight to keep him.

in earlier days i always had to ask him to stay, and many times he would go.

these days, he is the one who lets me go.

perhaps he is easier to love than i am.

but we all knew that.

1 comment:

Guacaholic said...

This same topic has been on my mind lately. Not an easy one to translate to the old heart.

I always think of the Bonnie Tyler song from "Footloose" - is it "Holding Out for a Hero"? During times of strife w/ my own BF, I have wondered if he'd fight for me. Maybe it's in the Cappy nature to think of it that way...