Sunday, January 07, 2007

run

i feel little today.

i also feel grand. i feel like i woke up and decided that life doesn't have to be so hard.

capricorns make it more difficult than it has to be.

but my saggitarius side must have won out this morning.

because last night i dreamt i was a model.

a high fashion model.

and on this particular assignment, i was told to run for the camera, kicking my knees up to my chest.

i thought, i can do this. i can run like the dickens.

so i ran. in place. bringing my knees higher. and higher.

i am fabulous! i am a gazelle!

i heard a faraway voice, an evil hand pulling me into reality.

soph! what are you doing?

as i was coming out of my fantasy slumber, i realized that my knees were bent and i was still furiously marching.

each stomp pounded reality into my senses.

stomp. why is the ground suddenly so soft?

stomp. what is wrong with the fading set lights?

stomp. why am i actually laying down?

stomp. why is there a warm body next to me?

and the dream faded.

i should scold the bf for ruining my burgeoning modeling career.

i had it all and lost it in one night.

No comments: