Friday, February 02, 2007

forward

i miss marshall fields.

nevertheless, today i went on a mission to track these down:



macy's. downtown.

last pair of sevens. my size.

i spotted them yesterday, and told myself if i was still thinking about them today i would buy them. if. they. were. still. there. if not, it was not meant to be, right? it's the shopping destiny test.

and today it was a match made in heaven. these shoes were my fate, my future lovers to have and to hold. my feet, that is.

i noticed a scuff across the bridge of the shoe. aargh. unhappy girl. the salesperson said she could take ten percent off the price. not good enough if that still leaves me with a scuffed shoe. she gave me a ticket for the shoe repair in the basement. said if i was wearing red that she would take another ten percent. self check: no red. she said she would pretend anyway and i ended up getting the pair at twenty percent off.

plus.

i went down to the macy's basment shoe repair. delightful man made my shoe look better, compliments of macy's.

what service! now that, that is the way retail should always make people feel.

happy credit card. happy girl. happy feet.

happies all around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss Marshall Field's too! :( As annoying as I find Macy's, I will admit that I enjoy their shoe department.

Those boots are devine!