Monday, February 12, 2007

lunch money

i only have brief thoughts for you today.

i loaned someone money for lunch. an i know where you work kind of thing.

it has been about three weeks since and she has not paid me back. she has not even acknowledged that she will pay me back. or that we should do lunch again soon so we can complete the whole borrow and return concept.

now i am frustrated, because she is not someone i would consider a friend where i would let it slide.

so my plan is to ask if she wants to go to lunch someday this week, except i am so frustrated about the fact that she owes me money that i do not want to punish myself further by trying to make small talk with her for an hour.

i am contemplating just sending an email.

a graceful email.

it wasn't even that much money. i feel like i should drop it. i really hate asking for what is rightfully mine.

and i do not like to remind people to be thoughtful. and mindful. and considerate.

i am not your mother.

just buy me lunch.

No comments: