Friday, February 16, 2007

total

guess what i get to drive?!



i made a big stink about not getting a car on valentine's day, and especially about having to drive a standard vehicle like the kia optima.

so, they told me they would knock off a bit of the daily rental rate, making the rate from $45 per day to $40, which still meant that since her insurance company would only pay the standard daily rental rate of $21 per day, that the difference would be my out of pocket cost.

i told her that i had no interest in paying anything over what her insurance would cover, given that the accident was clearly not my fault.

she told me to call the insurance agency and work it out. i tried, and left voicemail messages.

i slumped up against the counter and said, i guess i'll take that kia.

she looked at me with a grimace and said, but the volvo has heated seats.

i was all, baby, you had me at volvo.

so she said, how about $5 more a day?

sold!

so now i am driving a volvo s40. and hoping that my car is not totaled.

2 comments:

MexiManda said...

okay, just read two months worth. sorry i´ve been absent. life turned from crazy to insane. I´ll email.
and your life?? equally insane, it appears ... my comments:
- that sucks about your car, but maybe it´s time for a new one?
- tell Chicken that he should just tell you the truth
- I hope your upcoming vacation includes a nearby country called MEXICO
- Tell him sleep is for the birds. we´re humans and we have sex for pure enjoyment. take advantage
- I shudder thinking about you alone in those freezing stands. maybe you´ll enjoy it more if you only go once a month
- "me" days are great. i´m due for one quite soon
- recommend hilarious Brit singer Lily Allen
- dont take life so seriously
love you. A

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here sophielin.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research points that nearly 80% of all USA grownups are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.