Tuesday, June 23, 2009

awe

my time with the 'rents was absolutely amazing.

sometimes i forget how utterly cool my parents can be, and i take them for granted.

i had a lovely evening with s and e, toasting to the future and noshing on empanades.

then i drove my parents and my aunt through through a messy rainstorm and an even messier freeway to rochester.

so tired. and good to be home.

wednesday we took a day for gardening and planting. hitting nurseries with the fam is fun and i couldn't get enough of my dad saying "mooch" instead of "mulch." hilarious and so cute!

we also went to the mall and my parents let me pick out a purse (read: they had credit a discount) - i felt like cinderella and picked a totally impractical yet fabulous lavendar bag. delicious!

thursday was a day for mankato and seeing j and a. dinner at pho saigon with noodle dishes and yummy egg rolls.

early friday we made it back to msp for a quick flight back to arizona.

i already miss them.

No comments: