Wednesday, May 26, 2010

mrs

we did it!

and what. a wonderful. week!

it was seriously so fantastic i want to do it all over again. to be in our favorite holiday spot and share with our family and friends. sigh. it was amazing. and worth every breakdown, every tear, and every penny.

when i thought about my wedding, all i could think about was the favors, the menus, the paper fans at the ceremony, the program, the centerpieces, my bouquet, my hair, his socks, my makeup, his cufflinks, the father/daughter dance song, the wedding cake, the shot list, the table runners, the welcome bags, the family dinner, and all the rest of the details.

i forgot to think about what my father would look like seeing sea lions up close on a boat tour of land's end, the smiles on the girls when i tried to name who brought my each pair of underwear and forced to chew a piece of gum for each fail (read: i was up to, like, ten pieces), watching my brothers during their readings, yoga with my mom and brother, hearing our event planner telling us about how few weddings touch her heart, winking at beloved friends during the ceremony, clinking margaritas, singing karaoke at miguel loco's, dirty dancing at cabo wabo, friends telling you over and over how beautiful you look, watching the husband and his friend get knocked over by a huge wave in a cove, seeing my family's sunburns, having lobster at edith's, the wave knocking over half the tables at the dinner reception, and the tears on the bf's face while i walked down the aisle.

i know now why they say that all the details don't really matter.

because they don't. the big stuff does. our family and friends. sharing our moment. absolute perfection in imperfection.

i'll never forget it.

we are blessed.

and this is our happily ever after.

2 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

Huge congratulations! I'm sure both the wedding and you were gorgeous. I'm glad it went so well.

Guacaholic said...

Yes! So glad it was amazing.
I'm keeping your words about the details in mind.