Wednesday, June 07, 2006

big step: sharing passwords

the little things we forget to think about.

my bf and i spent the weekend apart (great for me, sad for him), and on sunday we traded stories (even though we talked about 18 times from the moment he left for the airport until he got back).i wanted to show him some pictures that i had taken from a party that i went to, and he didn't have an account with kodakgallery, so without thinking, i gave him my username. and then, i breathed, my password*.

oops. to top it off, he was all, 'no, you don't have to change it.' and sure, my bf happens to be one of the most laid-back, easy-going guys on the planet (who else would put up with my crazy ways?!), but i quickly interpreted that to mean: 'no, you don't have to change it, but if you don't, i will certainly always remember that your password is your exbf's last name, and i will store that information for use in the future in case you get any weird double standards about my having my exgf's baby, or the like. moooahhahhahahaaa.'

i changed my password this morning. whew. take that.**

*note: said password is actually the last name of a guy that i used to know, or kind of saw for a while, or dated a little bit, for a short time in my life, er, for a couple of, three and a half years.

**following the reading of this post, my bf will probably be in awe of how i can fight with him without him actually being a willing, or knowing, participant. we will both marvel at my skillz. then we will probably break out in song: '...and even though we ain't got money, i'm so in love with you honey...' think we won't?

No comments: