Thursday, September 28, 2006

missing

yesterday was a long day.

when i left the office, i walked to my parking ramp on fifth street in downtown minneapolis.

i was talking to s at the time, we were going to meet for a quick dinner at the edina grill.

after walking a reasonable distance to my car, i discovered that my car was not there.

s, i said, i don't know where my car is!

following is the sequence of events:

1. i walked around the corner of A6
2. door to stairwell was locked, i cursed the video monitor
3. i got on the elevator and pushed A4
4. the elevator doors opened and i got out
5. i screamed when i got out on A8 (aka the roof)
6. i looked pointedly at the video camera in the elevator
7. i got off the elevator on A4
8. i walked around the corner of A4
9. i walked down to A2 and resolved to walk up the ramp until i found my car
10. bingo. car found on A2.

fifteen minutes later. losing my car happens so often i just throw up my hands and give in.

i'm sure the security guys got a great laugh out of it all. jerks. what, can't help a girl out?!

No comments: