Thursday, March 08, 2007

?

i think i just discovered the root of all our miscommunications.

the bf makes no sense.

consider the following true conversation:

me: hey babe! are you at lunch?
bf: yes! they had chimichangas today!
me: fun! what are those, fried...rolls?

[jump: last night the bf and i had chevy's and i referred to the fajitas as rolls. in my defense, i was tired, i had been working all day, and it was nine pm. i had not just arrived back from acapulco, thank you very much.]

bf: babe, i have to let you go. i'm eating, and i need two hands.
me: you need two hands for chimichangas?
bf: no, i got a burger for lunch.
me: [open mouth] oh.

once i think about it, we are the most nonsensical pair i know.

maybe we should just keep on calling fajitas rolls and chimichangas burgers.

our world makes no sense. it works for us.

No comments: