Monday, March 26, 2007

duluth

spur of the moment trip to duluth this weekend.

i heart visiting the bf's 'rents.

it is a very relaxing time for me, much like going to my 'rents house is relaxing for the bf.

we drove up on friday evening, after my date with nell.

saturday we walked on lake superior.

walked. on. lake. superior.



it was freaky, but so much fun!

saturday night we had dinner at sammy's. i hear you are not supposed to slam sammy's, but i have had much better pizza. like way better. like frozen tombstone minis better.

we took lots of naps. we made sandwiches. we played skip-bo.

and i loved it all.

3 comments:

Guacaholic said...

I don't really like Sammy's, but all of my D-town native friends do. I would MUCH rather have VIP or Luce if I'm in Duluth. But it is sort of a tradition up there.

Whiskeymarie said...

I agree. My husband's family is in LOVE with Sammy's and I have often been shunned for my differing view. I guess I just don't get it.

Walking on the lake, though is fabulous this time of year- the ice kind of glows a bright turquoise blue- kind of surreal & very pretty.

Maurey Pierce said...

Skip-Bo? I haven't played that in about a decade!

When it comes to pizza, I turn very little of it down. I'll take any variety. Our favorite is VIP, the kind with the sauerkraut & chicken. Mmm.