Monday, March 19, 2007

skybar

had a lady lunch with j today.

macy's skybar.

mmm. salad any way i like it.

today, that meant spinach, soybeans, cheese, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, egg, sunflower seeds, broccoli, and french dressing. with a biscuit and some soba noodles.

lovely.

she spoke of marriage and how hers might be breaking.

she asked me what i think marriage will get me, because ultimately, the ring, the wedding, none of it will give me security, if that's what i need. marriage doesn't guarantee a re-prioritization. marriage doesn't automatically make you love someone longer. it doesn't make your relationship easier. marriage doesn't even have to mean that you will always be the one. because marriage sometimes doesn't last forever.

blink. blink.

and you know what? she's right. the only thing i want and the only thing i need, i have.

the bf, with me, to want to be with me.

No comments: