Monday, March 05, 2007

screech

i want to sit next to the bf.

i just want to hold his hand.*

in other news: i had a great day at work.

in other other news: i have new jeans that i have to return, but i am going to wait another day.

on sunday i went to church.

and was almost t-boned. again. but this time in the bf's car.

an older couple took a left onto a busy street without so much as a glance in my direction.

so i slammed on my brakes.

and, of course, skidded onto the curb of the sidewalk.

i looked around, alarmed, thinking swarms of people would rush to my side, shouting, "i saw the whole thing! it wasn't your fault! down with oldies!"

[see angry mob running down oldsmobile with torches and horses**]

but that was not to be.

everyone around me seemed oblivious to my near death experience, more interested in getting to church than my welfare.

so i reversed, put the car in drive, and went to church myself.

peace be with you, indeed.

*
who am i kidding. i want to screw him.

**why horses? because they're a staple in romantic pursuits. how is this romantic? because this took place in front of a lutheran church. and the bf is lutheran. sigh.

No comments: