Wednesday, June 27, 2007

g & c

the bf is a sucker for little girls.

he is uncle to one boy and one girl.

before the girl came along, the bf would wrestle and play trucks with the boy until everyone got tired of watching.

along came the girl, and the bf was sold.

but she is not as easy. she takes time to warm up. she is bossy. and loud.

and boy, does she make you work hard for it.

the bf has taken to calling her tantrum.

and it suits her just fine.

i get a warm feeling in my tummy when i see the bf rolling around with his nephew and niece. and when grandpa t rocks and sings made-up lullabies about tractors and four-wheelers. when niece finally works up the courage to hug the bf. my heart does cartwheels.

because i want it to be our kids.

1 comment:

Maurey Pierce said...

Awwww. Isn't it funny when you finally know? I didn't think I wanted kids at all before HH, and now, I've totally warmed up to the idea. He is wonderful to watch with kids, too.