Thursday, June 07, 2007

nikita

n at beaujo's tonight.

n is a kindred spirit of mine. in another life, we were probably the same age. but in this one, she is five years younger than me. she is wildly beautiful, with blue eyes and curly hair to die for. she has grown into herself in the past two years and it shows.

she looks up to me in a way that i hope to see myself.

tonight, over petite burgers, bruschetta, apricot and blueberry crisp, and orange spice teas, we caught up.

she has fallen for a man ten years older. she has never felt like this before, and it is hard for me not to like him as much as she does. it is difficult for me to say anything against him even though i would not wish this kind of relationship for her at this point in her life.

still, we do not always get to choose.

sometimes it just happens, and we go for it.

No comments: