Friday, May 18, 2007

al fresco

the bf is taking me on a surprise dinner date tonight.

the only instructions i received were to wear something warm. something you could be outside in for a while.

like, casual? what kind of outside? hiking outside or standing outside? outside on a patio or on a lawn? outside for dinner sitting down or listening to an orchestra at the bandshell? what does one wear with that simple direction?

so i am opting for a dress. with a cover-up.

open air.

i figured out what was bothering me about our relationship. my friends have been giving me time to breathe, i'd like to think. either that or they are just sick of me talking about it and are finally at a loss for words. perhaps a little of both.

i am a planner. i am a dreamer. i like to build my future. on a daily basis. the plans range in complexity from my birthday party in december to moving to austin. i want to be able to count on the bf. to count on us. for the long-term. i feel like i am building my dreams and desires on a shaky foundation simply because i don't know where our relationship will be six months from now. or even a year from now.

that's all i need. to know that we will be around for a while.

No comments: