Saturday, May 19, 2007

w.a. frost

we went to w.a. frost on cathedral hill.

sat outside on the patio. it was beautiful. the lights got brighter as the night turned darker.

we ordered salads. mine was a haricot vert salad. his a selection of lettuces.

salmon and ziti for dinner. the salmon was divine. the melt-in-your-mouth kind.

two glasses of white wine.

and us.

i told him about how i had thought about asking him to marry me. last holiday season.

with an engraved version of this ring:

and he said he would like the chance to ask. me.

he asked the size of my ring finger. outright this time, instead of trying to measure my rings on his fingers.

instead of taking my other rings and slipping it on my ring finger.

i will wait.

2 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

We almost went to Frost's last night, but went to the Happy Gnome instead.
So close...

Keep repeating to yourself: "Patience is a virtue".
At least when the subject comes up, he doesn't do what my ex did- laugh at the absurdity of the very idea.
I think he's still single, and not by choice anymore.
Karma, baby.

Sara O said...

How funny, I got that ring for my bf for Christmas. Of course, he went out and bought the matching bracelet. He got a ring and I got a car stereo; funny how things work out.