Thursday, May 31, 2007

threes

yes they do.

1. remember that time i was screwed out of lunch money by a coworker? we both went to macy's basement for lunch to-go, and my debit card was not functioning, so she picked up my tab. throroughly embarassed, i felt somehow satisfied that this was karma's way of paying me back. until yesterday, when i bumped into her. "i am going to potbelly's, want to come?" sure! until we got to the cash register and she had no credit card. guess who paid?

2. yesterday was special's birthday, and i was feeling a bit under the weather. i couldn't bail on her birthday dinner, especially since i was the only guest. i got pizza. she got two glasses of lemonade, calamari, and a salad. the server had split the bill according to our order. except he accidentally vice-versa'd and she paid for my bill and i paid for hers.

3. upon exiting the restaurant, i ran to my car. i didn't have enough quarters and i parked across the street at a meter. i spotted a black car. no ticket. i breathed a sigh of relief. oops. wrong car. spotted the black beauty. i spy a wet, white ticket on my windshield. wonderful.

and so it goes, ladies and gentlemen.

3 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

It sounds like many of us are dealing with numerous little annoyances this week.
I can only assume it's some sort of cosmic disruption that only affects really hot, smart women.

Maurey Pierce said...

That means you're due for three GOOD things now, punkin.

I hope WM's not right, as I've had a pretty good week.

Anonymous said...

OMG. Stop inviting that girl to have lunch with you! :)

PS: Want to have lunch sometime soon?? :)