Tuesday, May 22, 2007

she

i think every girl i pass who fits the right description is you.

sometimes i stop whatever i am doing to look.

i can't hear what is going on around me. i am suddenly stuck in a vaccuum. i hold my breath.

my mind swirls with judgement.

i wonder about you. what you really look like. why i feel the need to see you.

because you were his last. because you are a lovely woman. and he thought you deserved better.

better than what? better than what i am getting?

because one time he told me that i reminded him of you.

at the time, i didn't mind. where were we going anyway. fast route to nowhere.

except, we are still here.

and you are still here. with me.

1 comment:

Maurey Pierce said...

I can relate, punkin. I think it's easier not to know the ex, actually (for both parties). I was a friendly acquaintance of both HH and his ex, which caused all sorts of icky issues and messed up more relationships than just our own. Argh.

Of course, it was all worth it.