Thursday, July 20, 2006

bagu

last december, i broke my arm.

the bf had planned a new york trip, and i was excited to go.

but that was not to be, and instead i found myself broken over the holidays.

depressed. slipping away.

'soph, stay with me.' stay with him, like he stayed with me in the emergency room.

the day after christmas, he read his present to me, the five people you meet in heaven.

side by side, in bed.

i listened, fighting tired eyes, wiping away tears.

discovered that i was falling.

tonight we had dinner at bagu, a new sushi restaurant.

we are easier now, more connected. he knows that i like a glass of wine with dinner. i know that he likes miso soup. we sit across from each other, more familiar with our faces, and we talk. we giggle over k.'s new nickname 'the rack.' he talks about how anxious he is about his job and i want more than anything to give him the peace he deserves. we consider each sending s. a text message to see whom she loves most. we order two rounds of the three wise guys roll. we share my plum wine.

and, i think, still falling.

No comments: