Friday, July 14, 2006

beantown

leaving for boston today.

it will be nice to see the extended family. it has been a while; it seems like with spouses, kids, and you know, life, we only get together when someone gets married.

they will meet the bf. eep!

nervous. but excited.

most of my family on my dad's side lives in new england, and i have dreams about being born and raised in boston. i'd have an accent and say 'cah' instead of 'car.'

i might also be even more high-maintenance than i am now, except i looked at my turkey on whole wheat today and thought, 'i really prefer my sandwiches cut diagonally' when it wasn't cut at all. whatever! it's just a preference. just like when i go out for breakfast and i want a little bit of sweet, a little bit of salty, and a bunch of different textures. i know what i want. it just isn't always on the menu. story of my life.

but there is something about the east coast, particularly where i'm going, that pulls me in. it's classic, yet has personality. like me! i feel like i have a very old soul, but i have a very young spirit.

anyway. excuse the rambling post. beantown or bust!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was disappointed with my non-cut sandwich today too. I really, really wanted it on a croissant.