Monday, October 30, 2006

deal or no deal

the value of my dowry has increased.

my parents took me to a bmw dealership on saturday afternoon.

we sat with dylan the car dealer, and talked shop.

when dylan stepped away for a moment, i turned to my mom and asked, 'why are we still here?'

my mom said, 'we want to get you a car.'

wha...

and then she said (wait for it...):'actually, we were thinking that when you get married we will give you a car as a wedding gift.'

what?!

did that just happen? have my parents finally given me an ultimatum? get married or no car?! how is this possible? what planet are we on?

do my parents think that a car is the only thing that will get me to the altar? how well do they know their only daughter? who do they think they are? i cannot be bought! i do not have a price!

er.... i think i'll hold out for a house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

TAKE THE CAR, SOPHIE! Tell them one of the huge fake rocks he bought you is real and run with it!