Friday, November 03, 2006

our city

my reader told me: "he will always smell good to you."

the he she was referring to was the bf.

and she was right.

the bf leaves for vegas this morning. he is visiting his uncle in the hospital, and his cousin who is newly separated.

this morning when he got up to get ready, i didn't want him to go.

i cried when he left.

and i cried myself back to sleep while my face was on his pillow, breathing him in.

he does always smell good to me, and when i see him, i bury my face in the soft spot on his collarbone, right above his chest, and inhale. past the layers of soap and cologne, his real scent is there, and it is natural to me. it is a combination of his home, his fabrics, his soft, easy-going ways.

he just smells like home.

1 comment:

Guacaholic said...

I describe David that same way - "home"...

... I also bury my face in his neck - just a liitle to the left of the collarbone - on the left side of his neck. I NEED to smeel that at least one every three days. It's an addiction.

You love him, Sophie. He is blessed.