Wednesday, November 08, 2006

stress

so, i am leaving for duluth tonight.

i had to get up early and haul ass home to pack and get ready for work.

i noticed the 'no parking' signs on lyndale and realized that i would not be able to park outside the house.

perfect.

i had to park perpendicular to our garage door, blocking all cars parked in the garage.

i ran inside and told k that i would need to move my car before she could leave for work.

she said, "i usually leave around 7:30"

when she got out of the bathroom i asked her if i had time to shower, or if we should move the cars then.

she said i had twenty minutes.

i ran to the bathroom, jumped in the shower, and didn't spend my usual 20+ minutes dallying and counting backwards from a predetermined number to prolong my shower (tangent: i love showers).

when i towelled off, i ran to my room for my car keys. i looked at the clock: a couple minutes past 7:30. shoot.

i couldn't find my car keys. panic started to set in.

and then i heard m coming up the stairs: "soph, here are your car keys."

excuse me?

"k leaves at 7:30."

i glance at the clock: "what?"

"soph, it's 7:32!"

and that has pretty much set the tone for my day. grimace.

No comments: