Thursday, November 23, 2006

waver?!

this past weekend we spent a lot of time at the chambers hotel.

i love it.

on friday night, we took our guests from nyc there for drinks after dinner.

and guess who i saw?

yes even! totally unexpected.

we talked, he asked how i was doing. blah blah small talk yada yada.

he asked me what i was doing for thanksgiving.

i gave him the same drill i gave everyone else: my parents are in asia. my bros will be with girlfriends. in short, i am a lonely orphan this thanksgiving. wah.

"so you're not doing anything for thanksgiving?"

i laughed, told him that i would be okay.

"you could always come to my sister's house."

screeeeech.

excuse me? bold move for someone i haven't talked to for more than five minutes. also bold move considering he gave me his phone number and i have never used it. triply bold for bringing me an iced tea and expecting me to spend thanksgiving with him. are you serious?

eep. i politely thanked him and proceeded to write him off, making a mental note not to recognize him if there ever was a next time.

except...he came back.

this time, with friend in tow, he asked me again if i would like to join him for thanksgiving. again, i said no thank you. firm, but gentle. don't. make. me. be. mean. to. you.

seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you, Soph. You should have told him you had a bf right from the start. Although... if he's bold enough to ask a complete stranger to be his date to his Thanksgiving festivities... he's probably bold enough to ignore your bf. Besides, as far as he knows you could be making it up as an excuse to blow him off. :)