Tuesday, August 22, 2006

afternoon delight

the bf insists that he's a dog in relationships.

open, playful, drool-y.

and yet.

we both worked late last night. we met at ikea. perhaps not such a good idea because:
a. we were hungry
b. we were tired
c. we don't like crowds and/or screaming babies

he was being unusually quiet. i couldn't make him laugh.

the evening went a lot like this:
me: what's wrong?
the bf: nothing, i'm just tired.
me: are you grumpy?
the bf: no, i'm just tired.
1.....2.......3.........
me: what's wrong?

we had dinner at fuddruckers, then went to his house. watched an episode of reno 911.

i usually spend the night, but last night he said he was really tired so maybe i should go home.

okay.

he walked me to my car. he told me to call him when i got home.

okay.

i was home, on the phone, when he called. i didn't switch over. he called again.

the bf: did you forget to call me?
me: no, i've been talking to e
the bf: well, i'm in my basement, and i think i was robbed.
me: what?! why?
the bf: all my pillows were stolen.
me: [utterly baffled silence]
the bf: and since you have new pillows, i was wondering if i could come over.

so the bf stayed over. uncomfortable sleep was had by all. why? because he thought i was sad. so instead of asking me if i was, indeed, sad, he drove his tired butt to my house to sleep in my stuffy room with a double bed. is this what love is all about? doing crazy things in the name of someone else? well then, bring it on. i'm already there, baby.

1 comment:

MexiManda said...

Honey, when you're done with C, please send him on down to Mexico. I NEED A NEW PILLOW!