Monday, August 14, 2006

highlights

the verdict: reunions can be fun!*

guess what?
* bh totally hit on me
* i told sg i had the biggest crush on him in high school
* my high school bf told me that i look as beautiful as ever
* ps asked if he could take my picture
* tk had her heart surgery and is doing fine
* mt ignored me after one hug, convinced she is still competing with me and just wanted to check me out. i hope i'm winning whatever ghost battle she has me in.

it's weird when you see people you went to high school with. we all look a bit, well, bigger.

the bf and i sat with people i had almost zero contact with in high school, and one girl i didn't remember. i felt like rachel from the friends episode when the girl from high school called her a bitch.

we mingled a little bit; it was so weird to see everyone. surreal. dinner was definitely not worth $80/couple, and i had to borrow $10 from the bf to get a glass of rank cabernet sauvignon. good thing i was adamant about, what's the word, downing a glass and a half of chardonnay (ick) before the reunion.

after many hugs and "sophie! what are you doing now?"s, we were ready to go. i'm glad i went -- i'm pretty sure i won't be attending my 20th, but i'm glad i went to this one. i owe the bf. big.

*as long as you are under no illusions as to all the "friends" you will have after the event.

No comments: