Monday, August 21, 2006

my special purpose

in college, english 101, i was introduced to thesis writing.

that is, writing with a purpose.

we would be assigned a topic, a book to analyze, etc.

then we would break into small groups to have our writing reviewed by peers.

every single time, great comments on my writing except for one thing:

"i don't know what your thesis statement is."

and today, as i stare at the monitor at my project brief, all i can think is:

purpose: to create a communications toolkit

assignment: to create a communications toolkit

i don't even know what the difference is. what is wrong with me? i'm 25* years old and i can't figure it out? it's as simple as purpose: why are we here and assignment: what are we doing and i still cannot do it. lord have mercy. is there an oncoming full moon? are the planets out of alignment? can i blame the stars on my lack of purpose (and assignment)?

it's as if everytime someone asked me how i was doing i gave them a full rundown of my day instead of answering. i know, right? how do people handle me? how do i have friends? the bf and i don't talk much so i know why he's still around (read: best sex he's ever had), but what about the rest of you? you have no excuse!

oh boy. here i go again. failing at the english 101 of life.

*i dare you to correct me. not today. let me have that today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i love you.