Thursday, August 17, 2006

the dream

last night i dreamt that the bf proposed.

we were at the mall of america. there were people dining "outside" a la tucci benucch. he pulled out a brown plastic bag with 'jb hudson' on it. my eyes grew wide. he pulled out a brown box. i remember thinking that it was no blue box with a white ribbon. i yelled 'no!' and kept yelling 'no!' as he chased me around the mall, to the delight of the diners. finally he caught up with me and i said, 'don't you need to ask me first? i don't even think i said yes!' he started crying. i started crying. he got down on one knee. i looked at the ring, a rectangle-shaped, cushion-cut rock, and we kissed.

the funny thing is that he didn't actually ask. i didn't actually say yes.

he wrote me an email this morning defending the pillow. "are you simply not used to anyone thinking about your interests? i just wanted to make my baby comfortable. whatever."

he's right. what girl would want this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

when she could have this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

the choice is clear. i do, however, adore the gesture of the pillow. to the bf, thank you very much.

No comments: